We have come to trust, fairly or unfairly, the accuracy of our home and office computers. A recent IEEE Spectrum
article asked if For Quantum Computing, Is 99 Percent Accuracy Enough?
Is 99% accuracy just fine for you sometimes? Are cost, ease of use, and availability also factors for you?
- No. My results need to be accurate and reproducible to validate my publications.
- No. I have to justify my results to my management
- Yes. I realize the computations on my current computer are not 100% accurate. 99% is good enough.
- Yes. Sometimes being able to get good results quickly is absolutely vital.
- Yes. Once I have the results, I can use other computers to verify them.